Power & Utilities
Over the last 20 years Hertel have worked on the some of the most complex nuclear sites and can demonstrate a successful track record for safely completing projects to cost and programme efficiently.
Our key decommissioning capabilities include:
Working safely in environments of low/high radiation and contamination, including C5/R5
- Installation and use of ventilated enclosures/containments for C3/C4/C5 conditions (either scaffold/PVC or modular systems), including Mobile Filtration Units (MFU)
- Removal and size reduction of contaminated steelwork, pipework, ventilation ductwork, contaminated alpha gloveboxes, filter units, fume cupboards, various plant and equipment, etc.
- Specification and installation of CCTV systems for remote operations
- Installation and operation of Remote Operative Vehicles (ROV’s) e.g. Brokk
- Non active trialling (including test rig installation, specification of trials and acceptance criteria, development/optimisation of methodology)
- Import and export of plant and equipment from the Controlled Areas
- Waste minimization e.g. restricting the amount of materials/tools/packaging etc. allowed to enter the controlled areas
- Waste handling and management including segregation of waste streams and transport on/off site
- Working with all levels of PPE including respirators and pressurised suits.
- Working within dose limits and managing uptake through workforce rotation
- Working with a range of personal dosimeters (film badges, EPDs, TLDs, etc.)
- Working to safe systems of work.
- Preparing method statements, risk assessments and work safety plans
- Preparing emergency response plans (where required) e.g. first aid plans, fire safety plans, traffic management plans
Hertel have a large number of specialist decommissioning operatives with NVQ2 or NVQ3 in Nuclear Decommissioning. Ongoing training and development of our resources has been a key factor in our successful decommissioning operations.
Range of Skills
- Mechanical - Fitters, platers, riggers and lifting services (all sizes).
- Access and Scaffolding
- Asbestos Removal & Management - 30 years experience, fully licensed.
- Electrical and Instrumentation - Power distribution, DCS, fire alarms, lighting, instrumentation, lightning protection, etc.
- Plant and Equipment Operators - For MEWPs and construction hoists, scissor lifts, tractors, tele-handlers, forklift truck, heavy goods vehicles
- Civils Works – trenchwork, plinths, bunds, building maintenance, etc.
- Cladding - Building cladding removal and repair
- Painting and Surface Preparation – Grit blasting, painting, coatings
- Lead Working
- Fabrication Works – Light to medium machining, pipework and steelwork fabrication, sheet metal forming
>> Next steps...
Making customers happy
Find out about our approach to building great relationships
It's a small world
See how you're connected to Hertel via LinkedIn
+607 386 4146
Find a local contact