Trace heating requirements are often complex and require competent specialist integration into a number of the project disciplines.
Customers can spend a considerable amount of time and money in preparing specifications, issuing enquiries and reviewing tenders for both technical and commercial content.
Items to be considered
- End user specification
- Engineering/Process contractor specification
- International standards appropriate to the installation
- National standards appropriate to the installation
- Area Classification if potentially explosive atmosphere (Zone, Category, ‘T’ Classification)
- Process Requirements
- Control Philosophy
- Site layout
- Installation methods & maintenance requirements
- Documentation requirements
- Financial considerations
Hertel is in a unique position to provide clients with an independent review of the above. With a vast amount of experience in the trace heating industry, Hertel are able to offer:
- Knowledge of and involvement with, the latest national & international standards.
- Our engineers have assisted in the development of the latest international standards for trace heating in potentially explosive environments (IEC BS 60079-30 Parts 1 & 2) and industrial standards IEC 62395 Parts 1 & 2 draft.
- Active members of the Electrical Trace Heating Industries Council (ETHIC) and the Energies Industry Council (EIC)
- Product knowledge of all the major product manufacturers
- Technical knowledge, expertise and experience necessary to specify the most suitable products for individual applications. (Trace Heating & Thermal Insulation)
- Engineers experienced in the design of complex trace heating systems
- CAD operators experienced in trace systems
- Experienced designers/estimators
- Engineers experienced in the design and build of bespoke control panels
- Experienced contract managers
- Experienced site supervisors
- Experienced installers
- Full electrical cable and wiring services associated with a full trace heating service, including major and secondary cable containment, ladders and traywork
Specification & Design
Experienced engineers calculate the performance and energy requirements of your plant and equipment, including heat loss calculations and calculation of optimum insulation thickness. From this information the optimum heating system is developed.
In addition to our own in house software, Hertel have access (under license) to the bespoke software of most major manufacturers.
The control philosophy and selection of equipment is critical to the correct function of any trace heating system, it is for this reason that Hertel provide as part of a total package a full control system design, supply and installation service.
Regardless of how basic or complex the requirements may be, a full drawing package is provided for comment prior to fabrication. These would be revised to as built status for issue with the O&M manuals.
Installation, Commissioning & Support
Hertel can install your complete trace heating system for you, alternatively we would be happy to provide supervisors and a commissioning engineering team that would ensure the quality of the Hertel design is maintained.
After completion of the installation, Hertel offer a full commissioning service whereby all functions and processes are tested in compliance with the relevant norms and directives. Our engineers complete all of the relevant commissioning documentation that is incorporated into the O&M system manuals.
Post Installation Support
We provide a full back up and support service throughout the full lifecycle of plants and installations to ensure that the maximum life expectancy of trace heating systems is achieved, this may include modifications and/or repairs to systems including the updating of documentation.
Site Surveys and Inspections
Hertel can carry out a complete survey of an existing installation on your site and evaluate for compliance with current best practices and directives. Hertel can supply a written or verbal report that provides the basis for any future design and/or installation works that may be carried out.
In addition we have Compex trained personnel qualified to carry out installations and testing in hazardous areas with all of our design, equiment and documentation in full compliance with ATEX and low voltage directives.
We are NICEIC approved, and FPAL and UVDB registered for the design, supply and installation of electric trace heating systems.
>> Next steps...
Making customers happy
Find out about our approach to building great relationships
It's a small world
See how you're connected to Hertel via LinkedIn
+66 2 731 6305
Find a local contact